Monday, April 27, 2009

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch


There is absolutely NOTHING 'great' about this travesty. Though I'm not an Oprah watcher typically, my husband woke me up from a nap last Saturday as he had come across this horrific article about a garbage dump in the Pacific Ocean that's double the size of Texas and stretches from California to Japan. He knows I'm obsessed with stuff like this lately which is why he dared wake me up from a nap! ;) As he's shoving his laptop into my face, my half open eyes are trying to adjust and to my absolute HORROR I see this trash heap. I couldn't believe it. If you're not ashamed, you should be. We have all contributed to this. It's high time we start decontributing. Check out Oprah if you haven't already seen the GREAT PACIFIC GARBAGE HEAP. http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090422-tows-ocean-pollution/1

1 comment:

  1. Hi, My name is Shatto and I doing my thesis
    on health and I'm asking for your permission
    for me to use this image.

    Please email me if it's ok. shatto313@gmail.com

    Thanks,
    Shatto

    ReplyDelete