Wednesday, May 13, 2009

T-19 days until the BIG DETOX!

So, haven't done a great job documenting how I've been feeling this month, but to sum it up in a nutshell; I've been sleeping way too much...so tired all the time, sleep until almost 8 every morning, take a nap at noon and in bed and asleep by 10 at the latest. That's way more sleep than one person needs and it's cutting into 'me' time and 'Andis' time and 'every other thing that's important in the world' time. Also, feel bloated, gassy, and stuffed on a regular basis even though I don't usually overeat and I've had the most terrible acidic indigestion ever! TMI? Hmmmm. Could it be parasites? Meat maybe? We'll find out. The last few times I've eaten chicken I've experienced not such a pleasant sensation. I've had an after-taste in my mouth that tastes like rotting, dead, carcass. Ick. Not sure where that has come from either. I've always been a meat eater so this is new for me.

Anyway, today marked a little more than 2 wks. before our big detox so I started making preparations beginning with a LONG list of questions for the employees at MVD (Martha's Vineyard Detox). Hopefully they'll get back to me soon so I can start collection the thousands of new things we'll need. Not literally thousands, but it really isn't a short list. Lots of recipes; teas, soups, drinks, flushes, cleanses, detox baths, etc. My mind is already spinning! I also pulled out the good ol' juicer last night and decided to have some fun! First of all, thank you Rhonda for such a lovely gift. I haven't used it once since the wedding, but I'm excited to make it an everday part of our lives. I have a Waring Pro Juice Extractor from Wal-Mart so nothing too fancy, but it certainly did the job and it was super easy to operate as well as clean which is a big plus for me! I juiced a pound of carrots, 3 beets and 1 bunch of celery which made a really sweet, really red drink that I loved, Andis tolerated. All I could taste were the carrots and apparently he could only taste the beets. Weird. It was pretty sweet and acidic and left a scratch in our throats, but nothing a little hot tea didn't take care of. My usual schedule is dinner at 6pm, snack at 8pm and I'm usually starting to feel hungry again by bed. On Tuesday I had an 8 oz. glass around 8 pm on Tuesday and didn't feel hungry at all for the rest of the night! Maybe this whole 'nutrients' stuff is true after all! ;) I've decided to spend the next two weeks experimenting with different parts of the detox plan; not to overtax my body and get a head start, but mainly in order to toughen myself up mentally. Keep in mind I will be doing this for 21 days and Andis will be done after day 7 so I'll be cooking for him amidst my hunger! EeekGad! Anyway, I decided to juice for dinner last night instead of eat with Andis. I sipped on the rest of my beet/carrot/celery blend WHILE I was cooking which was a great idea because instead of snacking or 'tasting' like I usually do, I just sipped on juice! Novel! So, I made Andis pork chops and rice and I didn't crave or feel hungry the entire time! I finished my juice as he was eating and I didn't feel hungry until around 11:30pm last night and if I had been ASLEEP like I usually am, it would've been fine, BUT because my husband was in a rare chipper mood, I had a snack! :( However, I felt strong and great and had loads of energy. In fact, both nights that I had juice I stayed up until midnight...I'm usually in bed, asleep by 10pm. So, the first few days of prep were a success. More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment